We know, it’s a lot to read. But it is very important information that we want to make sure every customer understands. Over the years we have run into all kinds of people who have asked us to do all kinds of things (even if it was a bad idea and we said so at the time). When we are on the clock we work for you, and will make every effort to do what you ask. However, please be advised that certain things you may ask for come with certain risks, and we cannot be responsible for the results of these requests… So as you read this, try to put yourself in our shoes – imagine what circumstances might have motivated us to add a particular policy. These policies are for your protection as well as ours.
1. The customer or his representative must be present during the move and final “walk-through.” Our time runs until the last article is placed at the final destination. Having your cash, credit or debit card ready will save you time and money.
2. We require cash, credit or debit at the time of delivery for any balance due on local and long-distance moves.
3. Any damage claims must be submitted in writing to our claims department within 7 days of your move. Unless payment is made in full as is due we are not required to answer or process a claim. Do not assume you may deduct the money from the final bill to compensate yourself in the event of damage. This is illegal.
4. We only move empty freezers/refrigerators.
5. We only move empty aquariums. (This means empty of water, and also empty of creatures such as lizards, turtles and snakes.)
6. If you have a waterbed, we will be glad to move it. However, we are not waterbed technicians. And the waterbed must be completely emptied prior to our movers doing any disassembly. If you prefer to have a waterbed company move your bed, please do so.
7. If the move requires work above and beyond the original order for services, Big G Movers, INC reserves the right to fulfill other obligations before completing additional work.
8. Big G Movers, INC reserves the right to reschedule the move at an agreed upon time, without liability if there is inclement weather, including, but not limited to, rain, snow, ice, etc.
9. We reserve the right to send extra men to complete a job in a timely manner.
10. We reserve the right to limit our work day to 12 hours. In certain cases, due to DOT hours of service rules for drivers, we may need to complete a job on the second day to avoid violating those regulations.
11. Our personnel will move your pianos, appliances, and items over 300 lbs. if indeed the work can be done safely. Unfortunately, damage may result to floor surfaces. If you wish to take this risk Big G Movers, INC will not be responsible. (SEE BELOW, LIMITS of LIABILITY #16.)
12. We can move pianos to the second or third floor if the crew foreman deems it a safe and reasonable undertaking. If crew foreman feels extra men are needed, customer will be charged accordingly. Pianos with an extra soundboard will not be moved up/down stairs if the weight of the piano makes this an unsafe undertaking. If the piano has light weight legs (usually the front), we will not be responsible if they will not go back on if we take them off (sometimes the nut is loose inside the piano and will turn when you try to replace the leg). If the customer elects to leave the legs on, we will not be responsible if damage occurs to them.
13. Big G Movers, INC will not take a truck off pavement or on steep grades. Big G Movers, INC will not drive a truck over freshly graveled driveways or grass. Any time spent positioning the truck(s) or time lost due to truck(s) getting stuck will be at customer’s expense.
14. We try to be as flexible as we can with scheduling. We ask that you give us notice no less than 48 hours to reschedule or cancel your move. Common reasons for moving delays are: house closings, carpets, painting, floor refinishing, driveway not ready for trucks, etc. If we send a crew to your location and you are not able to move your deposit will not be refunded.
15. Big G Movers, INC will not do anything that we feel is unsafe.
16. Big G Movers, INC will not work in unfloored attics, any items in unfloored attics need to be brought down by customer. Ceiling damage and personal injury may result. Big G Movers, INC assumes no responsibility for ceilings.
17. You may move your own glass, porcelain, ceramics, etc. yourself. If you wish, we will move them carefully, but will not be responsible for breakage and/or resulting damage to unpacked fragile items. If you wish to have fragile items packed in order that they will be covered by basic or increased insurance you will be charged for packing and materials. If you decline additional materials we will move the items but cannot be held responsible for damage that may result.
18. For safety reasons, small children and pets must be out of work area.
19. We are often asked to perform tasks that border on the impossible. Big G Movers, INC will not be responsible for damage caused by non-routine moving including but not limited to, standing pieces on end, sharp turns, overcrowded work areas, difficult stairways, snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways, handing over balconies, railings, etc., tight squeezes, and damage caused by weather. You will be asked to sign a waiver if we agree to attempt a move that we deem unsafe or unreasonable.
20. Big G Movers, INC will not move flammables or hazardous material due to safety laws and DOT regulations. These items include but not limited to aerosols, gas, cleaners, propane tanks, etc. All gas powered items must be drained before loading.
21. When moving household items, Big G Movers, INC has found deterioration occurs over time due to age/heat/dry rotting. Mattresses lump and disfigure upon disturbing, lamp shades and wiring also become brittle and rotten. If you wish, we will move them carefully, but will not be responsible for damage of deteriorated items.
22. Simulated wood products and pressed board have poor structural integrity which does not lend itself to moving or repair. We will move these items carefully but cannot be responsible for damage of simulated wood or pressed board furniture. These items are excluded from any and all moving insurance coverage.